Diploma in Vision Technician (DVT)
- To reduce the blindness through identification and treatment of blind at primary, secondary and tertiary levels based on assessment of the overall burden of visual impairment in the country.
- To Strengthening the existing and developing additional human resources and infrastructure facilities for providing high quality comprehensive Eye Care in all Districts of the country.
- To enhance community awareness on eye care and secure participation of Voluntary Organizations/Private Practitioners in eye Care.
- To assist Optometrist during eye examinations, diagnostics and corrective procedures.
- To help and prepare patients for the vision test, preparing examination rooms and cleaning and arranging of equipment.
- To maintaining records of patients, scheduling appointments and taking care of data.
- Certified Vision Technician can work in various domains of healthcare like;
- Eye hospitals
- Ophthalmic private clinics
- Optical retail shops
- Own Shop
- Lens manufacturing companies
- NGO’s as certified Vision Technician
|Paper I||Anatomy and Physiology|
|Paper II||Optics & Mechanical Optics|
|Project / Internship/Workshop|
|Paper III||Technical Skill Practices|
|Paper VB||Project / Internship/Workshop|
Class 10+2 preferable science
1 Year + 6 months (Project & Practical) +6 months (Community Services)